|Mirror's Edge 2|
|Platform||PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows PC|
|Release date||c. 2016|
|Genre||First person action-adventure, free roam, platformer|
|Modes||Single-player, cooperative, multiplayer|
|Distribution||Optical disc, download|
Mirror's Edge 2 is the upcoming prequel reboot to Mirror's Edge and is currently in development by EA Digital Illusions CE (DICE). It will be published by Electronic Arts in 2016 and will revolve around Faith's past.
In October 2008, the game's senior producer, Owen O'Brien, alluded to EA wanting to turn the series into a trilogy, stating, "The story we're telling at the moment is kind of a trilogy, a three-story arc."
In February 2011, it was reported that development on Mirror's Edge 2 had been "stopped" after EA rejected a prototype submitted for a sequel. EA later clarified that they consider Mirror's Edge "an important franchise", but otherwise had no further announcements  It has been confirmed by Frank Gibeau that Mirror's Edge 2 will be built upon the Frostbite 3 engine, allowing for stunning physics effects and graphics.
September, 05, 2012 - EA: No more only single-player games on PlayStation 4, Xbox ONE
In November 2012, a former executive producer of the Battlefield franchise tweeted that Mirror's Edge 2 was in production. There was no comment whatsoever from EA.
May, 2013 - Amazon.de and Amazon.it listed Mirror's Edge 2 exclusive for XBOX ONE
Mirror's Edge 2 appears on EA Help Site
June, 03, 2013 - Mirror's Edge 2 and 3 domains are registered by EA (mirrorsedge2.com/.net and mirrorsedge3.com/.net)
June, 04, 2013 - DICE Vice-president Karl-Magnus Troedsson said in a video that "we have surprises" for E3 2013, along with Battlefield 4
June, 10, 2013 - Mirror's Edge 2 was officially announced for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 at EA's E3 Pre-Show.
June 12, 2013 - EA Labels president Frank Gibeau states that Mirror's Edge (2) is an "open-world action adventure game" and is also a prequel/reboot.
December 5, 2013 - DICE claimed a halt on Battlefront and Mirror's Edge until the problems with Battlefield 4's online mode are totally fixed.
January, 2014 - Microsoft re instates that the rumored release date will be 2015.
March 12, 2014 - Mirror's Edge 2 details are leaked—new information such as the new 2016 release date was published.
June 9, 2014 - Mirror's Edge 2 features on E3. A prototype-like gameplay was briefly shown. It is suggested the new Mirror's Edge will focus on Faith, and why she is who she is. Focus has been on more varied gameplay for the Runners. It is also suggested they serve a greater purpose than in the first game.[source?]
June 23, 2014 - According to the report of Cyberland, the Mirror's Edge 2 release date is set on April 2016, this fits in exactly to the previous announcement that the Mirror's Edge 2 release date is going to be released at Spring 2016.
- ↑ Griffiths, Brendan (June 10, 2013). New Mirror’s Edge Game Is Officially A Prequel. The No Sleep Gamer.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dyce, Andrew (January 8, 2014). ‘Mirror’s Edge’ Writer Not Returning For ‘Mirror’s Edge 2′. Game Rant.
- ↑ Yin-Poole, Wesley (June 12, 2009). EA confirms 'small team' working on Mirror's Edge 2. VideoGamer. Retrieved on June 22, 2009.
- ↑ Faylor, Chris (October 14, 2008). EA Planning Mirror's Edge Trilogy. Shacknews. Retrieved on November 10, 2008.
- ↑ Narcisse, Evan (November 21, 2012). Mirror’s Edge 2 Is Being Made Right Now, According to Ex-EA Developer. Kotaku.
- ↑ Battlefield 4 problems force stop to Battlefront and Mirror’s Edge 2. Metro (December 5, 2013).
- ↑ Mawson, Jarrod (March 12, 2014). EXCLUSIVE: Mirror’s Edge 2 Details. Rocket Chainsaw.