|Mirror's Edge 2|
|Developer(s)||EA Digital Illusions CE|
|Designer(s)||Sara Jansson (senior producer)|
|Platform(s)||PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4|
|Release date||Late 2014|
|Mode(s)||Single-player , Multi-player|
The writer of the original Mirrors edge will not be the writer for the next one.
In October 2008, the game's senior producer, Owen O'Brien, suggested that EA plans to turn the game into a trilogy by saying, "the story we're telling at the moment is kind of a trilogy, a three-story arc."
In February 2011, it was reported that development on Mirror's Edge 2 had been "stopped" after EA rejected a prototype submitted for a sequel. EA later clarified that they consider Mirror's Edge "an important franchise", but otherwise had no further announcements  It has been confirmed by Frank Gibeau that Mirror's Edge 2 will be built upon the Frostbite 3 engine, allowing for stunning physics effects and graphics.
September, 05, 2012 - EA: No more only single-player games on PlayStation 4,Xbox ONE
In November 2012, a former executive producer of the Battlefield franchise tweeted that Mirror's Edge 2 was in production. There was no comment whatsoever from EA.
May, 2013 - Amazon.de and Amazon.it listed Mirror's Edge 2 exclusive for XBOX ONE
Mirror's Edge 2 appears on EA Help Site
June, 03, 2013 - Mirror's Edge 2 and 3 domains are registered by EA (mirrorsedge2.com/.net and mirrorsedge3.com/.net)
June, 04, 2013 - DICE Vice-president Karl-Magnus Troedsson said in a video that "we have surprises" for E3 2013, along with Battlefield 4
June, 10, 2013 - Mirror's Edge 2 was officially announced for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 at EA's E3 Pre-Show.
June 12, 2013 - EA Labels president Frank Gibeau states that Mirror's Edge (2) is an "open-world action adventure game" and is also a prequel/reboot.
December 5, 2013 - DICE claimed a halt on Battlefront and Mirror's Edge until the problems with Battlefield 4's online mode are totally fixed.
- ↑ Griffiths, Brendan (June 10, 2013) New Mirror’s Edge Game Is Officially A Prequel The No Sleep Gamer
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dyce, Andrew (January 8, 2014). ‘Mirror’s Edge’ Writer Not Returning For ‘Mirror’s Edge 2′. Gamerant.
- ↑ Yin-Poole, Wesley (June 12, 2009). EA confirms 'small team' working on Mirror's Edge 2. Videogamer. Retrieved on June 22, 2009.
- ↑ Faylor, Chris (October 14, 2008). EA Planning Mirror's Edge Trilogy. Shacknews. Retrieved on 2008-11-10.
- ↑ Narcisse, Evan (November 21, 2012). Mirror’s Edge 2 Is Being Made Right Now, According to Ex-EA Developer. Kotaku.
- ↑ Battlefield 4 problems force stop to Battlefront and Mirror’s Edge 2. Metro (December 5, 2013).